EEEEEEEhehehehehe! ❤ There was a Library Book Sale today, folks! You know what that means! MORE BOOKS! (dear gods I have so many to read now @.@;; )
Today’s booksale was Day 1 of a Weekend Sale to help the library gather some funds from it’s donation organization AND clear out some shelf space for books that don’t get picked up too often or are too broken to continue to lend out, least far as I understand it. Someone correct me on that if you know things!
I dunno if I’ll be able to go to Day 2, but I got in a good hour at Day 1 (Which is a shorted-Time record for me!) so HERE’S THE LIST!
- The Farsala Trilogy 1 – Fall of a Kingdom By Hilari Bell
- The Farsala Trilogy 2 – Rise of a Hero By Hilari Bell
- The Farsala Trilogy 3 – Forging The Sword By Hilari Bell
- The hunger Games 3 – Mocking Jay By Suzanne Collins
- Shadowhunters and Downworlders Edited by Cassandra Clare
- The Mortal Instruments 1 – City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
- The Jaguar Stones 1 – Middleworld By J & P Voelkel
- Creating Characters By Dwight V. Swain
- Amazing Facts about Ancient Egypt By James Putnam & Jeremy Pemberton
- The Arabian Nights (See below)
- Hatchepsut; the Female Pharaoh By Joyce Tyldesley
- The Complete Tutankhamun; The King, The Tomb, The Royal Treasure By Nicholas Reeves
SO. MANY. BOOKS!
There’s something special about one of them as well! The Arabian Nights is SO OLD that there’s no ISBN Number anywhere. There’s not even mention of an Editor who put the book together to be printed! All I have is the name of the Introduction Person (Orton Lowe) and the Artist (Adeline H. Bolton).
I do have a newer version of Arabian Nights that was a gift from my sister a few years ago now, but there’s something about Older Books like the copy I picked up today, that have no ISBN, that really catches the imagination for me. Imagin how many people have loved this book so much and taken such good care of it, to survive to today! The pages are turning yellow with time, there’s that old-book smell to it. It’s almost like some kind of magical artifact. ❤
Anyways! Another booksale tomorrow at the library, but again, not sure I’ll be able to go tomorrow. We’ll see. if I do I’ll have another list for you! Until then I think I should backtrack and link up all the bookhauls from libraries and sales that I’ve read, with their book-haul posts c.c; I kinda slacked off on those didn’t I? ^^;